Full England Hockey guidance
The full England Hockey getting back on the pitch guidance for step 4 can be found here: –
& Link to What to do Scenario
Preparation for Participants
- Self-Assessment Check – This check should be done before each hockey session and participants should declare they are symptom free (confirmed by a parent for those under age 18) and haven’t been in contact with anyone with suspected or confirmed Covid symptoms within the past 2 weeks.
- If you become sick with Covid-19 symptoms, test positive for Covid-19 or have been exposed to a suspected or confirmed case:
- Contact Darren Griffiths
- Contact NHS Track and Trace
The following symptoms are highly suspicious of COVID-19 infection:
- A high temperature (above 37.8 C)
- A new continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- A sore throat
- Loss of or change in normal sense of taste or smell
- Feeling generally unwell
- Been in close contact with / living with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the previous 2 weeks.
Hygiene – in line with government advice wash hands before and after activity and regularly use hand sanitiser. We strongly recommend every individual carries their own hand sanitiser.
Equipment – use your own equipment – sticks, gum-shield, facemasks, goalkeeping equipment and ensure water bottles are full on arrival.
Access to the facility
- Continue to check in at the hockey venue for Track and Trace purposes on every occasion
During play & training:
- Avoid spitting
- No handshakes with other players or close contact during goal celebrations.