Volunteers wanted to support teams
The 2018/2019 season has been a great success for the top teams at City of Peterborough Hockey Club, with three promotions and we’re planning now to build upon that.
Director of Hockey, Mike Yeoman, is now looking for more volunteers to help to support these performance teams, as well as the rest of the club for next season, and there are a variety of interesting and exciting roles to be filled.
Do you need a chance to gain experience, maybe gain a qualification, add to your CV, or simply to give something back? Well there might just be something for you below.
All the positions are with City of Peterborough HC, where the Men’s first team have been promoted to the England Hockey National League Division 1, the Men’s second team promoted to the top tier of East Regional Hockey (Prem A) and the Ladies first team being in their East Premier League too, This is certainly top level hockey involvement assured, if that’s what you want.
Positions required for this upcoming season 2019/20:
- Session coaches, assistant coaches and volunteers to support training sessions for Men, Ladies, Boys and Girls. This is mainly on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, but other nights are potentially available. Particularly interested to hear from female coaches, but there are coaching courses available.
- GK coaches for all levels Men’s, Ladies and Juniors.
- Coach for Men’s 3rd, 4th & 5th team Training sessions on Thursday 7pm to 8.15pm.
- Coach to assist Men’s Head Coach with Men’s second team training session on Tuesdays (time to be confirmed) and Thursdays 7.15pm to 10pm. Video analysis experience an advantage. Must be available for pre-season and league matches.
- Match day coaches for Boys and Girls junior teams (on Sundays) at under 14, under 16 & under 18.
- Mini Hockey for under 12s is booming and therefore requires more coaches and volunteers on Sunday mornings from 9.30am to 11am. This doesn’t have to be every week, perhaps you are a parent and wish to help once or twice a month, but that would be great.
- Match day managers for Boys and Girls junior teams (on Sundays) at under 14, under 16 & under 18.
- Ladies first team manager & Ladies second team manager (on Saturdays). To travel with team, home and away.
Performance Team Support Roles
- Video recording – Someone to film Men’s National League matches on Sundays throughout the season, as well as Men’s second team, Ladies first and second teams for their Saturday home matches. Start times will vary. Will be required to use scaffolding tower, where safety training will be given. Use of own camcorder an advantage.
- Video production – someone to clip match videos and produce in the required format for coaches in a timely manner, usually a 36 hour turnaround, so that coaches can analyse before training that week (but this could be negotiable).
- Trained fitness instructor to oversee Men’s or Ladies sessions at a local gym that we have access to. This position maybe limited to pre-season and Xmas break but this to be confirmed. Sessions will be Hockey specific.
If any of the above is of interest, please contact Mike Yeoman (Director of Hockey at City of Peterborough HC) for an informal chat, or email Mike (at [email protected]), as soon as possible.
Note: Most of the above positions will be on a voluntary basis.
All of the above will require a DBS check and safeguarding training.